The Ron Kane Files

Writing About Music

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Henry Cow


I finally have a Henry Cow CD that I'm happy with; the 1998 "Legend" (aka "Leg End") CD designated "Original Mix" via East Side Digital. I cannot even begin to tell you how important this album was to me in high school. Everybody else seemed to be listening to Queen and Peter Frampton, but I had Henry Cow. I made a cassette of this album and listened to it almost daily in the language lab - about the only place where there was a cassette player that I had access to in 1974/5 at school. When this album was first issued on CD< it had been remixed - and is often the case with "remixes" - it was of no interest to me. I still have 4 or 5 different versions of this album on LP, and I will keep them. But now I have a CD of it I can dub and play in my car.

I also got the 2CD version of "Miniatures", the set compiled by Morgan Fischer - with Andy "Thunderclap" Newman, Andy Partridge, B.J. Cole, Chris Butler, David Vanian, David Bedford, David Cunningham, Fred Frith (of Henry Cow), Gavin Bryars, George Melly, Hector Zazou, Hermeto Pascoal, Hugh Cornwell, Ivor Cutler, John Otway, Kevin Coyne, Lol Coxhill, Michael Nyman, Neil Innes (& Son), The Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Pete Seeger, Quentin Crisp, R.D. Laing, Robert Fripp, Robert Wyatt, Roger McGough, Ron geesin, Stinky Winkles, Terry Riley, Trevor Wishart etc.

It's March now - let the amusing writing begin!

- Ron

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home