The Ron Kane Files

Writing About Music

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

ZTT Records


12-10-08 ZTT Records


Another friend collects ZTT Records – but I think I will be keeping most of these titles…


LP ART OF NOISE INTO BATTLE

ZTT JPN 13SI-237

12" PROPAGANDA DAS TESTAMENTS DES MABUSE

ZTT JPN 13SI-238

12" FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD WELCOME TO THE PLEASURE DOME

ZTT UK 12 XZTAS 7

12" GREGORY, GLENN / CLAUDIA BRUCKEN WHEN YOUR HEART RUNS OUT OF TIME

ZTT UK 12 ZTAS 15

12" PROPAGANDA DUEL / JEWEL

ZTT UK 12 ZTAS 8

12" ART OF NOISE CLOSE UP

ZTT UK 12 ZTPS 01

12" POPPY, ANDREW AMUSEMENT, THE

ZTT UK 12 ZTPS 03

CD PROPAGANDA SECRET WISH, A

ZTT UK CID 126

LP VARIOUS ARTISTS ZTT: ZANG TUMB TUUM SAMPLED

ZTT UK IQ 6

10" ART OF NOISE BEATBOX / MOMENTS IN LOVE (10") pic disc

ZTT UK PZTPS 02

12" PROPAGANDA WISHFUL THINKING

ZTT UK ZAS 20

CD ART OF NOISE DAFT (Collection)

ZTT UK ZCID Q2

CDx4 ART OF NOISE AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY BODY, GOD? (4CD) ZTT UK ZRR201CD boxed set

12" POPPY, ANDREW 32 FRAMES / THE IMPOSSIBLE NET

ZTT UK ZTIS 200

CDx2 MacCOLL, KIRSTY TITANIC DAYS (2CD Deluxe edition)

ZTT UK ZTT197CD

LP POPPY, ANDREW BEATING OF WINGS, THE

ZTT UK ZTTIQ 5

LP ART OF NOISE (WHO'S AFRAID OF?) THE ART OF NOISE!

ZTT US 90179.1

12" ART OF NOISE CLOSE (To The Edit) / BEAT BOX

ZTT US 96859-0


I’m quite a big fan of “Into Battle” by The Art of Noise. Am I the only one, or does Andrew Poppy seem to want to be Michael Nyman? I remain a big fan of Kirsty MacColl. I once knew Andreas T., who used to be in Propaganda. My friend Joe has a Japanese laser disc that is a nice video mash-up of all the ZTT acts of the day. I wonder why this didn’t turn up – I have a soundtrack LP for “Insignificance”, but as it’s a German copy, perhaps it was merely on Island (and not on ZTT?).


And I thought I had a Das Psycho Rangers 12” – but maybe that’s in my ‘swap meet’ bin? And I guess my FGTH CD is on Universal these days – I loved their sordid music video for “Relax” – and I have an FGTH DVD of it, thankfully – replacing a dawn-of-time laser disc. And my other Japanese pressings of FGTH etc. aren’t showing up when I sort my list by “label” + “number”.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it came to pass that Trevor Horn had started a label, I was primed and ready. I enjoy everything ZTT released for the first 5 years, pretty much. Their packaging was perfection. With Horn's obsessive production and Morley's obsessive packaging, ZTT releases were made for me. Some of these releases are among my favorite releases ever.

"Mabuuuuseeeee… Why does it hurt when my heart misses the beat?" My pick for Trevor's best production ever.

I still need about 15% of the first 5 years of output. I also have the great JPN LD. And my JPN FGTH DVD replaced a US Beta. Too bad it didn't have the remarkable full edit of the Godley & Creme clip for 2 Tribes. I could never look at Nixon the same way again.

Look for the ZTT Ultimate 12" Box one day courtesy of REVO.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Ron Kane said...

Let's wait and see what the Japanese re-issue shortly, Jim-san.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home