The Ron Kane Files

Writing About Music

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Up Early


Still waking up early...posting holiday photos to Flickr etc. I got so much stuff in Japan that it will take days, weeks to 'process' everything. Trying to play one CD in the car/at work, one while in the den and one before bed - something like that. (Maybe the autosave makes it difficult to add a title line to blogger?) - please forgive the sock photo, but you get the idea - my vacation was all a blur (and non-blur) of color. I wish the yellow socks had been, er, more yellow.

So, awaiting your suggestions as to what to write about. Yes, I have more '1972' - if it be your will. May write about easy listening albums a bit...need to really get back into listening to stuff.

It was nice to go into record stores in Japan. CD sales seem to me to be booming - in Japan. Lots of stuff to buy in stores. Disk Union's stores in Shinjuku are awesome, folks. I just love the 2F with all the 'supplies' - record collector geeking equipment. Re-sealable CD and vinyl bags, boxes, record cleaners etc. And the "Progressive Rock" basement store sure is fun. It's always so hit or miss to go into places like Recofan (despite the fact that I now have a photo of a Recofan front as my personal screensaver!) - but Disk Union, you always know the stuff will be separated correctly, though I did find a killer British jazz CD in the "Rock" A-Z (Johnny Almond Music Machine "Hollywood Blues").

Are CD kami sleeves like having a record collection in "Second Life"?

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Ware said...

Welcome home!! Continuing with the weekly 1972 lists will continue to interest me, but I'm up for anything. Looking forward to all the lists and photos.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Ron Kane said...

Photos are going up on Flickr!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home