The Ron Kane Files

Writing About Music

Sunday, September 16, 2007

More stuff

CD's:


DEUTSCH NEPALCOMPRENDIDO!, RELAPSE US CD

FAMILY – FEARLESS, CASTLE UK CD not re-mastered

HACKETT, STEVE – HIGHLY STRUNG, CHARISMA UK CD not re-mastered

HAWKWIND – LEVITATION, CASTLE UK CD

HAWKWIND – LIVE 79, GRIFFIN US CD

JAPANGENTLEMEN TAKE POLAROIDS, VIRGIN UK CD re-mastered

KOOPER, ALSOUL OF A MAN – LIVE, MUSIC MASTERS 2CD

MONKEES – GREATEST HITS, RHINO US CD

SKIN ALLEY – TO PAGHAM AND BEYOND..., ECLECTIC UK CD

V.A. – STARRY EYES (UK POP II '78-'79), RHINO US CD

ZAPPA, FRANK – BURNT WEENY SANDWICH, RYKODISC US CD re-mastered


Vinyl:

ARGENT – RING OF HANDS, EPIC US LP

CHAPMAN, ROGER / SHORTLIST – LIVE IN HAMBURG, ACROBAT UK LP

CLIFF, JIMMY – ANOTHER CYCLE, ISLAND UK LP

COLOUR FIELD – VIRGINS AND PHILISTINES, CHRYSALIS UK LP

DALEK I LOVE YOU – HEARTBEAT, BACK DOOR UK 12” W/PS

DIXIE DREGS – PUNK SANDWICH, CAPRICORN US 12” red vinyl

ELECTRIC FLAG – BEST OF, COLUMBIA US LP

FLYING PICKETS – LOST BOYS, TEN UK LP

FREBERG, STAN – CHILD'S GARDEN OF FREBERG, CAPITOL UK LP

KLARK KENTMUSICAL MADNESS FROM THE KINETIC KID, I.R.S. US 10” W/PS

PENA & HIS GROUP, PACO – FLAMENCO PURO "LIVE", DECCA UK LP

RARE BIRD – (Collection), POLYDOR UK LP

SAYAO, BIDU – BACHIANAS BRASILEIRAS NO. 5, ODYSSEY US LP mono

STEELEYE SPAN – BELOW THE SALT, CHRYSALIS UK LP

STEELEYE SPAN – HARK! THE VILLAGE WAIT, MOONCREST UK LP re-issue

STEELEYE SPAN – PLEASE TO SEE THE KING, MOONCREST UK LP re-issue

TIGER – TIGER, WARNER US LP

V.A. – BEST OF SCOTTISH FOLK (Vintage Years Vol. 3), TRANSATLANTIC UK LP

V.A. – GREATEST HITS FROM ENGLAND Vol. 2, PARROT US LP

V.A. – OCTOBER '71 RELEASES, ELEKTRA US LP promo

V.A. – SOUND OF GENIUS (Spring '66), COLUMBIA M US LP promo

V.A. – TOGETHER, CBS UK LP blue vinyl

V.A. – WITH AN INDEPENDENT AIR, EMI UK LP

V.A. – YOU MUST REMEMBER THESE Vol. 2, BELL US LP

VILLA-LOBOS, HEITOR – BACHIANAS BRASILEIRAS, ANGEL US LP mono

WHO, THE – WHO'S NEXT, TRACK UK LP

WONDER STUFF – SIZE OF A COW, POLYDOR UK 12” W/PS

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Klark Kent

As I just finished Andy Summers well written autobio, I was listening to Klark Kent [or Klerk Kant as some would have it] this last week. The entire Police output isn't worth a single Klark Kent single [on green Kryptone vinyl]!

I just have the following:

Don't Care/Thrills + Office Girls UK 7"
Too Kool To Kalypso/Kinetic Ritual UK 7"
Away From Home/Office Talk US 7"
Klark Kent UK A+M 10"
Klerk Kant JPN 8 trk CD

I never got the US 10" as it was harder to get by the time I acted - 82? I remember that the packaging was superior to the UK edition, and with completely different liner notes. I also recall that late in the game, IRS re-issued this on 12" black vinyl! My friend Tom got a copy of this and I bet it's the rarest KK release, and the only one on black vinyl to boot!

I always thought that the picture on the back cover was taken on the set of "The Empire Strikes Back." Does anyone know about this?

I never got the 1995 US CD "Kollected Works" because having dropped $35 on the "Klerk Kant" CD on its issue in the early 90s, I felt I had bled enough for the cause. But in the back of my mind, I always wanted a copy - used to get the b-sides on CD + the three unreleased tracks. Of course, now it's an OOP $$$-disc.

I did some looking into thhings and apparently, the US CD does not have the track "Guerilla." Reading the Amazon reviews of the 3 unreleased tracks, their appropriateness within the Klark Kent Kanon is kalled into kwestion [sorry - couldn't resist!]. So I guess I can live without Kollected Works. But I resolved to make my own complete CD.

A little further digging revealed that there is another spare KK track, "Yo Ho Ho" on an IRS x-mas CD from the early 90s that's very easy to get as a decent price. So when the Amazon gift certificates arrive from the in-laws for my birthday, part of the useage is earmarked to get this CD. Hopefully, I can generate a real KK be-all/end-all CD very soon.

Now if I could only get a copy of the "Away From Home" music vid.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Ron Kane said...

Jim-san,

What I found was a green vinyl 8 song U.S. copy in a die-cut sleeve.

Not sure about the video - I.R.S. did a lot of 'reels', so, it may turn up.

- RK

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron:

You have the classic 1st US pressing. But I must ask: did it include the warning sticker that foretold of the record shrinking and turning green if the shrink wrap were ever opened? That made the US pressing the best and a classic of sorts, even if the 10" record came in a 12" sleeve - a bit awkward, that.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home