The Ron Kane Files

Writing About Music

Monday, September 10, 2007

More Stuff

Vinyl:

GENESIS – LAND OF CONFUSION, CHARISMA UK 12” W/PS

Never saw a 12” of this before…my favorite latter day (’86) Genesis single. 3 tracks (the 7” has 2 tracks and the CD single has 4 tracks).

GOBLIN – PROFONDO ROSSO (aka "Suspiria 2") (O.S.T.), TOSHIBA JPN LP – sealed!

The Japanese ’77 re-issue of “Profondo Rosso” (’75) as “Suspiria 2”.

HAVENS, RICHIE – RICHIE HAVENS ('ROCK FLASHBACKS'), POLYDOR UK LP

Certainly never saw a “Rock Flashbacks” for Richie Havens before!

RABBIT – BROKEN ARROWS, ISLAND US LP ’73 – sealed!

John Bundrick, with some help from Snuffy Walden, Jim Capaldi, Tetsu Yamaguchi etc.

CD’s:

SHEARER, HARRY – SONGS POINTED & POINTLESS, COURGETTE US CD ’07

Some great comedy / novelty songs from author & radio presenter Harry Shearer.

STARR, RINGO – TIME TAKES TIME, PRIVATE US CD

STARR, RINGO – VERTICAL MAN, MERCURY US CD

At $3 a clip, I figured I’d try two ‘recent-ish’ (’92 & ’98) Ringo titles on CD

STEVENS, CAT – FOREIGNER, A&M US CD re

I never got into this ’73 release – so a re-mastered CD of it for $3 should do the trick. I don’t recognize any singles from this album.

TOWNSHEND, PETE – PSYCHODERELICT, HIP-O US CD re

I did get into this one, however. I believe it’s the version with the actors; the (single) bonus track seems useless – as it is a montage of “Psychoderelict”. I will keep my original US promo 2CD set with the disc that does not have the dialogue.


2 Comments:

Blogger chas_m said...

Ron, I couldn't agree more about LoC being the best latter-day Genesis single. The video was really what made it, but it's a bouncy tune right nuff. I have NO USE for Phil Collins' tenure as singer of Genesis except for that.

Don't know anything about Goblin or Rabbit, sorry.

Harry Shearer sings? Lord-a-mercy!

Ringo -- I assume I've explained my "group members die in reverse order of uselessness" theory, meaning Ringo will be the LAST BEATLE STANDING. There I said it.

I've always had a soft spot for him -- he seemed to me to be as witty as any of the other three (Paul I'm afraid is quite witless -- watch the early films more carefully, you'll see!).

Goodnight Vienna is, I agree, a great little album, as is "Ringo." I haven't dipped into the later albums at all.

Cat Stevens -- this is one of those artists whose "greatest hits" lp is probably sufficient, cuz there's a lot of good stuff on there. You probably don't need the rest.

Pete - well I did love his first solo record, and couldn't stand "Lifehouse." I always hated what the Who became in the 80s and never recovered, though "Quadrophenia" is one of the greatest films evah, and I know cuz I lived some of that.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Ron Kane said...

Yes, Chas, Harry Shearer 'sings' - fun parody / novelty songs...

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home