The Ron Kane Files

Writing About Music

Monday, February 19, 2007

Yard List 2-19-07


Yard List 2-19-07

CD’s:

JOHN, ELTON CARIBOU, ROCKET US CD re; “The Bitch Is Back”
MONTY PYTHON ANOTHER MONTY PYTHON RECORD, VIRGIN US CD re
The “Spam” album, with a few extra tracks

MOVE, THE SHAZAM, REPERTOIRE DE CD with the famous rare Live EP
NYMAN, MICHAEL CLAIM, THE (O.S.T.), VIRGIN US CD
SLADE
PLAY IT LOUD, POLYDOR DE CD ’70 debut album as “Slade” – previous album was as “Ambrose Slade”

Singles:

CHICAGOFREE, COLUMBIA US 7” promo
DALEK I THE WORLD, VERTIGO UK 7” W/PS ’79
DALEK I LOVE YOU HORRORSCOPE, KOROVA UK 7” W/PS ’83
FIFTH DIMENSION AQUARIUS – LET THE SUN SHINE IN, SOUL CITY US 7” W/PS
MILES, BUDDY THEM CHANGES, MERCURY US 7” re-issue
SIMON & GARFUNKEL THE BOXER, COLUMBIA US 7” W/PS b/w “Baby Driver”
SLADE MY FRIEND STAN, POLYDOR UK 7” b/w “My Town” ’73
WATERS, ROGER SUNSET STRIP, COLUMBIA US 7” W/PS b/w “Money” ’87
WINWOOD, STEVE STILL IN THE GAME, ISLAND UK 7”

LP’s:

CAGLE, BUDDY THROUGH A CRACK IN A BOXCAR DOOR, IMPERIAL US LP C&W
JENNINGS, WAYLON LONESOME, ON'RY & MEAN, RCA US LP C&W ’73
KNIGHT SINGERS, PETER VOICES IN THE NIGHT, DERAM US LP EZ hits
MANN SINGERS, JOHNNY AT OUR BEST, SUNSET US LP EZ hits
NEW CHRISTY MINSTRELS BIG HITS FROM 'CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG', COLUMBIA US LP with Arthur Treacher
PIERCE, WEBB ROAD SHOW, DECCA US LP with “Koko” The Country Clown, C&W
THOMPSON, HANK
ON TAP, IN THE CAN, OR IN THE BOTTLE, DOT US LP C&W

- Ron





Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ron!


...what's a "Yard List?"

6:13 AM  
Blogger Ron Kane said...

Jim-san,

It is a terminology borrowed from bird watchers - "everything that has come in to my yard" (i.e. all the records / CD's I have brought home)

Please feel free to comment and/or enlighten; most titles are 'new-to-me' here. I never knew "Dalek I" had so many singles!

Saw Chas & Heather last night...

RK

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron:

Thanks for the update. I like Dalek I Love You and enjoy their early 90s CD on Fontana, but I have no vinyl proper. They were always a band I had read about at the time but NEVER saw any contemporary vinyl - ala Associates.

Wow! You saw Heather & Charles? [canned voice fx: "No wonder Charles hadn't been answering my e-mail!"]

8:08 AM  
Blogger Ron Kane said...

Yes, we had a delightful evening in "The Tattle Tale", a Culver City dive bar.

Do you have the Dalek Fontana CD?

- RK

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home