The Ron Kane Files

Writing About Music

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blogging...


7-30-08 Blogging

Well, I’m off for a few days…off to Portland, OR to observe my 50th birthday. I hope to resume blogging on or around August 6th, 2008. I get to meet some of my long-time readers, folks – some for the first time! And I will get to see lots of old friends.

For the interested few, this completes my 6th year of blogging. I started roughly on July 30, 2002…I believe my initial blog was about The Monkees. If anybody gives a monkey’s – I’ve got an index of every blog I’ve ever written that I could send you.

Blogging was suggested to me by my old friend Warren. At first, the idea was for me to pick a random title from my collection and write about it. That lasted a couple of months, then I began ‘doing alphabets’, writing on special subjects etc. And we all know how it has turned out so far.

Earlier this year, I killed off (deleted) the first incarnation of my blog, “20th Century Music”. It was nearly 700 posts – I thought I’d ‘give back’ some of my universal bandwith! But we’re doing well over here at “The Ron Kane Files”…

Towards the end of “20th Century Music” – I ran the largest alphabet ever – acknowledging everybody who ever suggested a title to me, or at very least trying to determine where I’d first heard of something. It ran for months. At the conclusion, I kept posting something every month, just to keep the index that one could see in the status of ‘current’. I merely tired of the meaningless monthly “Check out my new blog!” postings…

I plan on continuing in pretty much the same vein as previous. I think I like the “Playlists” the best – and maybe I’ll try to do some more label discographies. And, as always, I enjoy reader requests!

Always check out the comments, too. Top commentator / commentor Jim Donato is always an interesting read. He’s one of the people I get to meet in Portland very soon!

Since getting a new digital camera last May, I’ve really been into going to botanical gardens…and the San Diego Zoo. Rest assured my birdwatching hobby remains ‘amateur’. Don’t forget to check out my Flickr site, I'm user “rk-dd”.

Anybody want to start a collaborative music / writing blog? Or a Yahoo group?

So, when I return – we’ll be back to examining the minutae of pop music, and holding everything up to the dusty old mirror of THE INSPECTOR’S BRAIN for a closer look. I thank each and every reader of my blog(s). With any luck, we’ll get to buy each other some drinks up in Portland!

“If I had all the money I’ve spent on drink, I’d spend it on drink!” – Vivian Stanshall.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ananda girl said...

Interesting photo of the "world head". Don't know if you will even get this, since the post is older... but curious. Still blogging?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Ron Kane said...

Yes, still blogging - now my blog is at 1musiclife1 on blogger

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home