The Ron Kane Files

Writing About Music

Sunday, June 08, 2008

More stuff

CD's:


BIG HOTEL – s/t, ZIMBO US CD my friend David Z

JOHN, ELTON – MUSE, THE (O.S.T.), ROCKET US CD Albert Brooks film

KARN, MICK – TITLES, VIRGIN UK CD bonus track

LINDISFARNE – DINGLY DELL, CHARISMA UK CD re-mastered

SHEARER, HARRY – O.J. ON TRIAL: EARLY YEARS, PCR US CD

V.A. – COLDKRUSH CUTS 2 (DJ KRUSH Vers.), TOYS FACTORY JPN CD electronica '96


Vinyl:


BAKER-GURVITZ ARMY – ELYSIAN ENCOUNTER, MOUNTAIN UK LP

CORNWELL, HUGH – ANOTHER KIND OF LOVE, VIRGIN US 12” W/PS promo

DURY, IAN – 4,000 WEEKS' HOLIDAY, POLYDOR DE LP

DURY, IAN – APPLES, WEA UK LP (never knew there was an LP of this!)

DURY, IAN – SPASTICUS AUTISTICUS, POLYDOR UK 12” W/PS

FLANDERS & SWANN – AND THEN WE WROTE, EMI UK LP mono ('48 - '56 recordings)

GODLEY & CRÈME – CRY, POLYDOR UK 12” W/PS

LEVEL 42 – RUNNING IN THE FAMILY, POLYDOR UK 12” W/PS

LEVEL 42 – TRACIE, POLYDOR UK 12” W/PS

LOVE AND MONEY – CHEESE BURGER, MERCURY UK 12” no PS live cuts

LOVE AND MONEY – JOCELYN SQUARE, FONTANA UK 12” W/PS live cuts

LOVE SCULPTURE / DAVE EDMUNDS – CLASSIC TRACKS ’68-’72, EMI UK LP

STILLS, STEPHEN – MANASSAS, ATLANTIC UK 2LP


- Ron


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Karn

I was HOT to get Titles... until I heard the single "Sensitive." Then it became the record I really DIDN'T want to hear at all costs!

But flash forward a few years and I freaking LOVED his 2nd album, Dreams of Reason Produce Monsters. That record is still stuck in my skull today. It's so good, even the "Japan reformation" tracks with Sylvian singing run a distant second in my mind to the instro rest of the album! I daresay I like it more than any SyIvian solo material! I also liked Bestial Cluster but haven't heard anything else after that.

So let me know if I need to make room in my collection for Titles, because "Sensitive" was the sappiest piece of fluff I've ever heard from a former fave since Midge Ure excreted "If I Was."

6:40 AM  
Blogger Ron Kane said...

It's true, "Sensitive" isn't great - but they added it's B-side, so you can merely program it out, when playing the CD. Karn's stuff is always rather good, I've picked up a few, via the bargain bin. I was surprised to find a CD of "Titles", long out of print.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Titles was in print by the mid-late 80s as an import. Then it was in print as a domestic by 1993 on the Caroline/Blue Plate imprint. It may have been in and out of print a third time by now!

So you're saying, "buy it if you see it?"

7:52 AM  
Blogger Ron Kane said...

The Blue Plate was merely a 1990 UK Virgin CD with stickers on it. I doubt it's in print now (except maybe in Japan). I've been playing "Titles" today, and it's not as good as "Dreams of Reason..." but it's mostly instrumental, and OK, so far.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home