The Ron Kane Files

Writing About Music

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ron in 1981


My sister Marilyn shared this amazing old photo of me in 1981 recently. I can date it at 1981 by The Damned "Friday The 13th" EP. All those cassettes! Looks like I pasted a Kate Bush poster over a Family poster. I see the extra XTC "Go 2" insert; a Lucio Battisti poster for "Images"; I wish I could see all the records more clearly - the 'flaw' in the photo is in the negative, alas. Looks like the Albert Goldman "Elvis" book stuck up there in with the LP's. By this time, I was going to New Zealand...I would be approx. 23 years of age in this photo. More than 1/2 of my life ago!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course Jack Black will have to star in the film of your life, Ron! When I first saw "High Fidelity" I was spellbound by Jack's resemblance to you. That he was working in a record store just drive the point home even further. No matter that his personality is nothing like yours. The visual was riveting.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Ron Kane said...

I wish I had more photos of this nature to share.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home